Plan Approval Procedures
a. Presque Isle Harbor Association’s Architectural Control Committee functions on behalf of the property owners. This Committee is charged with the review and approval of all construction work as defined under Article VI “ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE” and Article VII “BUILDING AND USE LIMITATIONS” of the Restrictive Covenants imposed upon the Presque Isle Harbor Community. This review shall include all proposed buildings, garages, storage buildings, septic tanks, wells docks, fences, signs and additions or exterior changes to existing buildings or approved plans. It is a purpose of the Committee to protect the property owners from buildings that are not in harmony in design or location as related to surrounding structures and topography and to assist property owners in obtaining a residence in accordance with the Covenants. The Committee does not intend to get involved in details of construction, and in no way assumes any liability for construction deficiencies or errors. Compliance with the Presque Isle Harbor Association Restrictive Covenants does not necessarily mean that you have met the requirements of the Township of Presque Isle or the County of Presque Isle or the State of Michigan. You should check with these units of government before plan submittal.
b. Property owners are directed to mail or deliver three complete copies of the property survey and site plans, and two complete copies of building plans to:
Architectural Control Committee
C/O Presque Isle Harbor Association
P.O. Box 60
Presque Isle MI 49777
Office (517) 595-2411
FAX (517) 595-3183
c. Plans shall include the following information:
- A plot plan of the property showing the location of the home, deck, garage, driveway, sign(s), septic tank and field, fuel tank, TV dish, and any other proposed construction. This plan shall be drawn to scale, preferably 1″ = 20′ – 0″ , and indicate property lines and dimensions, lake and/or road frontage and route of utilities to the building.
- Floor plans of each level of the structure drawn at a scale of 1/4″ = 1′ – 0″. Floor plans shall include basic dimensions of the structure.
- Front, rear and both side elevations drawn at 1/4″ – 1′ – 0″ scale indicating building materials, existing ground elevation, building height and intended grade line.
- Adequate building sections to reveal construction materials and architectural arrangement.
- Identification of plans indicating the name, address and telephone number of the property owner and lot location.
- Name, address and telephone number of the builder.
- Start and completion date of construction.
d. The Committee shall make decisions on plans as soon as possible. However, the Restrictive Covenants allow a 30 day limit for the decision. A satisfactory set of plans and specifications will be stamped “APPROVED,”and one set will be returned to the owner. If the plans are not approved, the owner will receive the Committee’s reason and recommendation for their correction. Changes to approved plans are not permitted until re-submitted for approval. After plan approval, permits may be obtained from the following:
The Architectural Control Committee may inspect the property during construction.
Rule 21. CONTROL COMMITTEE PLAN REVIEW STANDARDS. The Architectural Control Committee shall not approve construction plans if they are inconsistent with Presque Isle Harbor Association Restrictive Covenants, or are not in harmony with the surroundings.
|Plan Check List (circle appropriate response)|
|a. Complete plot plan|
(1″ = 20′ scale preferred, on survey by registered surveyor)
(each floor at 1/4″ = 1′)
|c. House elevation drawings|
(4 sides at 1/4″ = 1′)
|d. Cross section drawings|
(showing roof pitch and indicating snow load)
|e. Identification of owner and builder||Yes||No|
|f. Construction start and completion dates provided (start within one year of approval)||Yes||No|
|g. Minimum 800sq. ft. of enclosed living space||Yes||No|
|h. Building height maximum 30’ (2 1/2 stories)||Yes||No|
|i. 25’ front yard setback||Yes||No|
|j. 10% side yard setback; 20′ side street line||Yes||No|
|k. Accessory Building:|
|1. Only one accessory building permitted||Yes||No|
|2. Within setback requirements (plot plan):||Yes||No|
|l. Exterior design compatible within neighborhood.||Yes||No|
|m. Exterior material in harmony with the surroundings.||Yes||No|
|n. Plan or design for the protection of tree cover (area for removal of trees shown on site plan and is not excessive)||Yes||No|
|p. No structure shall interfere with utility easements as described in Article VII, Section 5 RC||Yes||No|