Recent News & Upcoming Events
A Note from PIHA’s BOD President – August 2023
Hello PIHA Community!
Our August Board meeting was very productive with 7 members present.
New Database: The next step of our MMS Data System was implemented this week at the clubhouse. You will now scan your membership card in the lobby area to gain entrance to the clubhouse. As you enter the lobby a scanner is on your left. Just swipe your membership card over the scanner and the door will unlock. I have been told that if you keep your membership card in your wallet, it will scan without taking the card out. I have also been told that you can access entry thru your cell phone. You will have to ask Jacob or the staff about that.
Grand Lake Beach House: Next summer you will notice a change with the docks at Grand Lake Beach. The Board approved the proposal presented by the temporary GL Boat Dock Committee which will discontinue seasonal boat slips and opens all docks to members for daytime use. The details of open usage by members are still being developed. More information will be available next spring. In addition, a launching dock for kayaks was suggested and is being researched.
More news about Grand Lake Beach. In case you haven’t noticed, the geese are terrible this year. It appears that as soon as the staff cleans up and leaves the area, the geese come back. Many members have complained and the beach house staff is working hard trying to stay up with it. Jacob purchased a lawn leaf cart to pull behind the tractor, which did help but doesn’t totally solve the problem. Your understanding is appreciated. Hopefully if they fly south for the winter, they won’t come back to our area!
Bylaws and Rules: Conversations continue regarding ‘immediate family members’ as defined in our Rules and Bylaws. Should the definition be expanded to in-laws (daughter or son-in-law)? The Rules Committee has been tasked to bring a proposed change to the Board but I think a busy summer schedule has delayed their progress. So, we are still addressing that issue. Thank you for your patience.
Pool Committee: Dave and Lisa Larkin gave a short presentation on the early results of their surveys regarding pool usage and what members feel should be considered when designing a new pool. They will continue to survey pool usage during the last week of each month through December. In addition, future surveys asking for member input will be available online via an app such as Survey Monkey. Thank you to all members that completed the survey. The data being collected is important as this committee moves forward.
Social Activities Committee: The Social Activities Committee has a couple of events happening next weekend. Please sign up at the clubhouse for:
- Golf Cart/ATV Poker Chip Run: Sunday, Sept 3rd from 1pm – 4pm. Meet at the clubhouse at 1pm for instructions and your tally sheets. Winners will be announced at 4pm at PIHA North Bay Beach House. Food will be available. Sign-up sheet is at the clubhouse and it is $15 per person. Please sign up by August 30th as this event will be cancelled if not enough participants.
- Annual 638 Bridge Walk: Monday, Sept 4 @ 11AM. Join us for our Annual 638 Bridge Walk beginning at 11am. We will be serving lunch (grilled Hot Dogs) at the clubhouse after the walk as well as playing shuffleboard and other games. Join us for a fun and relaxing afternoon. There is a sign-up sheet at clubhouse which is helpful for purchasing food.
Reminder: The Hobo Dinner is scheduled for Saturday, September 23 at the campground pavilion. Be sure to mark your calendar and start planning your hobo outfit– more details coming soon.
PIHA Board encourages and appreciates input from all members. Please feel free to call or email us with your concerns or suggestions. Our contact information can be found on our website: presqueisleharbor.org and under the tab ‘About Us’.
With just a couple of weekends left, enjoy the beauty of our area as summer winds down and the nights get cooler. But the beauty continues into autumn – crisp cool days, cider and donuts, hayrides and the color palette of the trees. And don’t forget a visit to a local cider mill to complete your autumn experience!
President, PIHA Board of Directors
Notice: Emailed PIHA Invoices will be sent from:
Member Services (MemberServices@presqueisleharbor.org)
New PIHA Membership Cards
Beginning April 1st, 2023, the Presque Isle Harbor Association will begin furnishing new membership cards to its members.
Current and new card policy:
Property owners must personally sign in, and, also sign in guests. Immediate family members may use the common properties without the member present, but must have the member’s identification card and must also sign in. The maximum number of guests is limited to 10 people. Owners’ identification cards issued to a member household will be given two “2” member cards, both individuals having the same household address. Where a lot is held by a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, trust or other entity whose respective shareholder, member, partner, trustee or other person designated by the entity to be the Association member. That member may also be issued an identification card. Property owners may not join together to avoid the 10 guests limit. (These rules also apply to all other association facilities.)
New Card Policy:
- Available April 1st, 2023, original cards must be picked up at the clubhouse!
- A photo of the member will be printed on the ID card and stored in the PIHA database for
- verification purposes and member tracking.
- The initial two membership cards per owner will be supplied at no charge.
- Lost or damaged cards may be replaced for a fee of $10.00.
New Card Details:
- Smart proximity cards
- Allows for secure access of PIHA Facilities
- Lifetime usage under proper handling of cards
- Bar code readable
- Formatted for future access control systems of PIHA
- Pre-punched vertical slot for lanyard attachment
- Printed Photo ID of PIHA member.
PIH Water Company Information
Reliable water services to the PIHA membership is an important expectation from your leadership team. The PIH Water Company shares in this belief. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your water services, please contact:
Presque Isle Water Company